Sunday, March 29, 2009

RGR002 - The Road to Rhone

I guess updates have been a little less frequent lately; I don't just sit around and play video games all day, you know. But I did make some progress this weekend, and I've got a nice batch of screens too! The echoing flute turned out to be a waste of time, since I already had the crest I was being led toward. So I started visiting every place I could find, and happened upon a monolith north of Midenhall where I met an apparent expert on all things Eye of Malroth-related. This is good, because I happened to be looking for the Eye of Malroth at the time. She sent me back to the cave I had been searching, so I kept right on searching, and finally found a lava-lined corridor I had been unintentionally skipping up to then. After some more wandering, I finally found the Eye of Malroth.

Again with the specifics!
Again with the specifics!
Eew, it's all squishy...
Eew, it's all squishy...

You sure know a lot, lady.
You sure know a lot, lady.
Oh, you mean this crest here IN MY POCKET?
Oh, you mean this crest here IN MY POCKET?


Then I just had to figure out how to get to the valley where the entrance to Rhone is supposed to be. All around the world, there are a number of warps, many of which form a network. The warp I was looking for was, of course, not part of this network. It was behind a prison door in the town of Beran. On the other side of the warp, I found a hole in the wall that led me to a monster who told me where the Water Crest was. Except it wasn't there anymore, since I've had it for a while.

The caves leading to Rhone are a serious pain; there are hidden pits all over the floor you enter on, all of which drop you into an area overrun with Horks. Sitting right out in plain site, though, is a treasure chest containing the Life Crest, so I guess it's not all bad. I decided to keep exploring, and managed to get to some upper floor areas where I found Erdrick's Armor. I was getting pretty weak by that point, so I fled for the time being.

OHMYGODTHEMOUNTAINISOPENING!!!
OHMYGODTHEMOUNTAINISOPENING!!!
Huh. That was easy.
Huh. That was easy.

Who put THAT there?
Who put THAT there?

Now I just have to figure out how to get through the cave and actually make my way to Rhone. Easier said than done, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the Village of Hamlin is in your pocket.

    ReplyDelete