Sunday, March 8, 2009

RGR Game #002: Dragon Warrior II (NES)

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. For my second game, I've decided to keep going with the Dragon Warrior series, so it's time for Dragon Warrior II! The game expands on the Dragon Warrior formula by having you build a party along the way through your adventure. You'll be joining this one in progress, since I've already started playing the game, and have already assembled said party. I'm nowhere near the end, though, so there's still plenty to enjoy. In fact, right now I'm leveling up around the town of Hamlin, where Gwen joins the party after you use the Mirror of Ra to break the curse that's turned her into a dog. She starts at level 1, and I've now raised her up to level 7.

The wizard's not part of the party.
The wizard's not part of the party.
The Zombie was a pushover.
The Zombie was a pushover.

Thanks to the fact that the rest of us are at such high levels, she doesn't die nearly as often as Glynn did when I first reached this area. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment