Thursday, April 2, 2009

RGR002 - The Beginning of the End

The cave leading to Rhone is a PAIN. Two floors are littered with pitfalls, one is perfectly symmetrical and loops in every direction, and one is broken into areas that fork such that choosing the wrong path leads you back to the beginning. But I persevered, and I drew maps, and I FINALLY emerged inside the giant valley that houses Rhone. Glynn got himself killed shortly before I reached the exit, but there's a monolith where a healer will revive everyone and restore us to full health and magic for free, AND save the game. Since I remembered to go back and get the Charm of Rubiss, I'll never have to set foot in that cave ever again (hopefully).

Rhone itself is actually quite scenic, with what appears to be white sands and lush forests. Of course, it also has very powerful enemies, including one that casts a spell that can potentially kill off everyone automatically. But I've got a nice spot to continue from, so I'm not too worried. Now, I'm off to Hargon's castle to wrap this up!

Who? Wha?
Who? Wha?
Ooh, epic.
Ooh, epic.

I've always wanted one of these!
I've always wanted one of these!
Sorry about that, Glynn.
Sorry about that, Glynn.

Do you have ANY IDEA what I went through to get here?
Do you have ANY IDEA what
I went through to get here?
Hey, is this Sandals?
Hey, is this Sandals?


Took me long enough.

In other news, the poll has been closed, and it looks like I'll be sticking with NES games after I'm done with the Dragon Warrior games. There will be another poll, probably while I'm working on Dragon Warrior IV, to determine what game or games I move on to. Look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment