Wednesday, September 23, 2009

RGR009 - The Blue Orb

Still wondering just where we should go next, we decided to pay our superfluous merchant, Gabriela, a little visit. We found her starting to progress in building the town as well as herself: her original sprite had been replaced with the generic merchant one, which I've always assumed was male. It's kind of awkward. She seemed to be doing just fine, so we left her to her business and sailed back to Lancel, where we knew we had a new path open to us thanks to the Final Key.

You've changed...
You've changed...
So where can I find it?
So where can I find it?

Oh, you mean Gabriela?
Oh, you mean Gabriela?
Well, probably not Theron.
Well, probably not Theron.

In the locked shrine in Lancel, a priest was waiting to test my bravery. And only mine. I was forced to leave the party behind and fight my way through the Navel of the Earth alone. I had to turn back very early the first time, since a locked door blocked my path, and I had left the Final Key with Viron. But once I equipped myself properly, the cave wasn't so bad. I had plenty of magic to keep my hit points up, and was able to clean out the cave of all its treasure (and traps) in two trips. And the best part was that the very last chest in the cave contained the Blue Orb!

Wait, I'm not ready!
Wait, I'm not ready!
Who says? Seriously, who said that?
Who says? Seriously, who said that?

Hey, do what you've gotta do.
Hey, do what you've gotta do.
Oh, I thought you were complimenting me.
Oh, I thought you were complimenting me.

This one was much easier to get!
This one was much easier to get!
Jeez, Brindar, calm down.
Jeez, Brindar, calm down.

That makes two orbs! Two! Now, if we can just find the Echoing Flute, which echoes when played in the vicinity of an orb (like it did with the crests in Dragon Warrior II), we'll be able to go on an orb hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment