Friday, November 13, 2009

RGK Game #001: Star Fox


Hi, I'm Kari and I'll be making a guest post... My game will be Star Fox for the SNES.

Did I ever tell you that I was a Star Fox whiz when I was a kid? Well, of course not, I just introduced myself.

I won the Super Star Fox Weekend Competition (a huge contest done by Nintendo, held at local retail locations) at my local game store when I was in fifth grade. I got a Star Fox jacket, which I wore to school and got made fun of for. I haven't played Star Fox in well over ten years, so I was understandably rusty.

Ryan would like me to note that [geekery generously contained] the emulated Super FX chip isn't well-coordinated with the rest of the system. It has speed issues.[/geekery]

I'm gonna do this a little differently than you're used to... Since I'm not as clever as Ryan and can't make funny captions for each of my screenshots, I'm just gonna post video.


Level one, Corneria.
Andross' forces have invaded the base planet! I was kind of clumsy in my quest to double my blasters at the beginning.


Level two, Asteroid Belt.
When I was a kid, I would take the Black Hole exit to warp ahead, but I've forgotten how to access the Black Hole.


Level three, Space Armada.
This level will infinitely loop if you steer away from going inside each corridor ship.


Level four, Meteor.
This level is kind of tricky because things come up very fast, so you have to use your brakes quite a bit.

Next post... The final assault on Venom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment