Tuesday, June 16, 2009

RGR007 - The Tower of Broww...wwww...w.

I know, it's been over two weeks since the last post, but that doesn't necessarily mean I haven't been playing; on the contrary, I've done quite a bit of leveling up, and am currently making my way through the Tower of Broww. I'm level 17 now, and according to the manual, the maximum level is 30, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

Yay, another tower.
Yay, another tower.
At least this one smells better!
At least this one smells better!

And this one's for the naysayer(s) out there, claiming I don't really draw maps as I go along. I miscalculated the width of the tower by one screen, so the first floor map is a little off. The second image actually belongs inside the first, but I didn't make enough room. Floors two and three look pretty good.

Floor 1, outer perimeter
Floor 1, inner area
Floor 2
Floor 3

As you can see, this is a complicated tower, especially since some passages are blocked in certain directions. But I'll get it figured out one of these days. I do appreciate how the map designers for the game kept within the bounds of realism when designing the towers; some games have areas that make no sense if you put the maps together, with towers that defy physics with offset floors and floors at the top much larger than the bottom floors. The maps here show that the towers are even circular! Kudos to Game Arts and Hi-Score, and their map designers.

2 comments:

  1. Thorough! What kind of trap is that on the third floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you enter that room, the door shuts behind you and a bunch of enemies appear, some of which are invisible... which I guess means they don't APPEAR per se, but they attack, and you have to beat them to get out.

    ReplyDelete